10/11/2009

Hana & Posy + New Work!

My artwork is now on display at Hana & Posy, an eco-friendly boutique at 35 N. 3rd Street in Philadelphia. I created 3 new pieces for the boutique's opening on First Friday in October. Here are the images from the opening & the new artwork! Enjoy!


First the New Pieces..















The first piece I finished is an old toolbox refinished & painted with a winterberry design in Casein Paints.






































This piece and the next piece are based on Pennsylvania Dutch Hex signs with my own twist. They are milk-based Casein paint on tree-rings.





































The third piece is a done with black thread (all of the black patterning is hand embroidered), Casein paint, and canvas on linen.


































































And here are the pictures of the boutique...












































































































































3 comments:

A.F.Schepperd said...

This is all amazing! Looks great baby.

Kerry Cesen said...

I really love the embroidered linen design with the hummingbird. I can picture you patiently weaving thread through that surface for days. And the dedication and depth that you exercise is truly inspiring.

angie said...

I LOVE THE NEW WORK...especially the paintings on the slices of tree. My favorite is the one with the bird! I'm so glad I get to share the opening of Hana and Posy with such a talented artist!!